Economic Development Week
Greater Gallup Economic Development Corporation's Economic Development Week will be held May 8-12, 2023.
Created in 2016, Economic Development Week (EDW) was an initiative established by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) to recognize the vital role that economic development plays in creating strong, thriving communities with robust economies.
The week is a chance to raise awareness of local programs that create jobs, advance career development opportunities, and enhance the overall quality of life in communities. In partnership with various organizations, the Greater Gallup Economic Development Corporation (GGEDC) has organized a series of events that will highlight the positive economic impact we have on our vibrant New Mexico communities. This year's theme, "Building On Our Assets," will focus on celebrating our successes and assets in Greater Gallup, while also looking towards the future.
How to Register
Please visit the links below to RSVP for the event(s) you want to attend. This is to help us know expected attendance for planning purposes. Thank you! We look forward to seeing you for Economic Development Week!
- "Artists as Entrepreneurs: Starting a Business 101" - 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Thursday, May 11. Click here to register.
- Housing Helps Promote Economic Development - 9:30 a.m., Friday, May 12, McKinley County Annex Conference Room. Click here to register.
- Concrete Approaches to Improving Housing in Gallup - 10:45 a.m., Friday, May 12, McKinley County Annex Conference Room. Click here to register.
- Keynote Address: Secretary Schroer, New Mexico Tourism Department - 1 p.m., Friday, May 12, McKinley County Annex Conference Room. Click here to register.
- Panel Discussion on Tourism Development: 2 p.m., Friday, May 12, McKinley County Annex Conference Room. Click here to register.
Some events during Economic Development Week will be livestreamed! Please see below for links to events being livestreamed.
- McKinley County: Playing for the Long Game with our Home Field Advantage. Presented by Patty Lundstrom, GGEDC Executive Director. 5:30 p.m., Monday, May 8. Watch Here
Please click a link below to join the livestream of the event
9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - How do we train the skilled workforce we need?
10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Workforce Development Programs
2 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Developing the Workforce in Gallup & McKinley County
To watch the City's Economic Development Week events, please click here. It is a Zoom format. The same link will be used for all of the City's events today.
9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Housing Helps Promote Economic Development
10:45 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Panel Discussion: In the Dugout - Concrete Approaches to Improving Housing in Gallup
1 p.m. - Keynote Address from Jen Schroer, Cabinet Secretary of the NM Tourism Department
2 p.m. - Panel Discussion on Tourism Development for the City of Gallup